Followers

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A day in passport office

It started with token number 57 and was increasing slowly... aagh... rather very slowly. Three of us were waiting egarly for it to reach to160 so that we can apply for Vihhan's Passport.
Dad had very little hope that we will be able to finish the process in a single day. No he is not pessimist, its because of his prior experience. Last time it took him 5 visits to Passport office to get the work done...phew...though it was fault with the documents we provided and not the processes of the Passport office.

The reverse counting started at 11.18 AM. It reached 97 within half an hour. Vishal and I was very hopeful that we can finish it by 1.30 PM and go back to work. Clock was ticking and so was the token number. My reverse counting went from triple digits to double digits to single digit ... I pointed the same to my dad happily. Ondhu, Aydhu, Nallku at counter no mooru (154 - counter no 3) was announced both in English and Kanada, giving me an opportunity to learn counting in Kannada. And then came LUNCH BREAK ... as if god has given me half an hour to learn these four digits in Kannada :)

After the lunch break token 161 was called and we sumitted the application successfully.Special thanks to the guy at counter no 5 who proccesed the application and moved it to fee Payment counter.

PS: Needless to say even though I tried learning it for almost 3 good hours I still had to google the above mentioned numbers in kannada ;P

No comments: